Our library really enjoys doing cooking programs for the public. We have started getting in the habit of doing a cook-off at least once a year, and this past year we did a Gross-Out Cook-Off for children in grades 4-12th grade. This was a collaboration between the children’s department and the teen department.
Here were the rules:
- Children and teens in grades 4-12 may enter “Gross-Out Cook-Off.” Prizes will be awarded in three grade categories: 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12.
- Registration is required for entry into “Gross-Out Cook-Off.”
- Each contestant may enter only one entry, and it must be an individual entry. No teams will be accepted.
- Entries can be sweet or savory and must include a copy of the recipe (which includes any changes you made to the recipe). Also provide information on where the recipe came from (name of blog, cookbook, website, etc.). Include your name and grade with the recipe.
- The dish will be judged based on the following categories:
- Appearance –How gross it looks on the plate and the presentation. The grosser, the better!
- Creativity –Types of ingredients used in the recipe.
- Taste—How the ingredients work together and the overall taste. It should look and sound gross, but taste amazing!
Here are a few pictures of our entries: